Found this baby at my butcher, marinating in a soy/teriyaki mix. Decided to give it a try and it did not disappoint. Roast was about 4 pounds. Smoked at 165F for 2.5 hours, until the internal temp was 120F. Moved over to direct heat and seared for 4 minutes/side. Wrapped in paper and returned to the smoker at 225F. Continued cooking until IT was 140F. Pulled and let rest for 30 minutes.
Made a chimichurri sauce to garnish it with. Wife thought the sauce was better than the meat!
- 2 Cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- 4 Teaspoon dried oregano or 1/4 cup packed fresh oregano leaves
- 4 Clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
Place all ingredients for chimichurri in a blender and pulse until it reaches a chopped-like consistency.